Drop Off Procedure
DROP-OFF APPLIES TO SEMI FINALS AND FINALS ONLY
EXTRA TIME FOR DRAWN MATCHES
The following procedure will be utilised to establish a single winner:
THE DROP-OFF PROCEDURE
Should a winner be required in drawn matches, the following Drop-Off procedure is used to determine a Winner.
- Each team will reduce their on-field team to four (4) players and within 60 seconds take up a position to restart play from the halfway line, defending the same end of the field as at the end of play;
- The Drop-Off commences with a tap from the centre of the halfway line by the team that did not commence the match with possession;
- The Drop-Off will commence with a two (2) minute period of extra time;
- Should a team be leading at the expiration of the two (2) minute period of extra time then that team will be declared the winner and match complete;
- Should neither team be leading at the expiration of two (2) minutes, a signal is given and the match will pause at the next touch or dead ball. Each team will then remove another player from the field of play;
- The Match will recommence immediately after the players have left the field at the same place where it paused (i.e. the team retains possession at the designated number of touches, or at change of possession due to some infringement or the sixth touch) and the match will continue until a try is scored;
- There is no time off during the Drop-Off and the clock does not stop at the two (2) minute interval;
- Substitution during the Drop-Off is permitted in accordance with normal interchange rules.
Mixed gender teams may have no more than (2) males on the field during the Drop-Off.
- In the case of a male player serving time in the sin bin at the commencement of the Drop-Off the offending team will start with no more than one (1) male on the field;
- Where a male player has been dismissed for the remainder of the match, the offending team will be permitted to have no more than one (1) male on the field for the duration of the Drop-Off;
- At the commencement of the Drop-Off, if there is a player serving time in the sin bin and is yet to complete the required time, their team commences the Drop-Off with one (1) less player on the field than their opposition and continues to play with one (1) player less until the sin bin period has been completed;
- At the commencement of the Drop-Off, if a team has had a player dismissed for the remainder of the match that team continues to play with one (1) player less than the opposition team for the duration of the Drop-Off.